Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Planners | Make Your Own Calendar Pages for Your Planner


Hello hello there =) I received a lot of complaints because I barely work on replying my emails, posting on instagram and updating my little shop. I just found out I am now 9 weeks pregnant with terrible morning sickness (or all day sickness you name it). I have been feeling nauseous all day, with weird food cravings and throwing up after meals. Well, I am not here to complain because I am feeling much better after resting at mom's place for a few weeks and this pregnancy isn't as bad as my first pregnancy. I do remember how I was eating and throwing up at the same time. disgusting I know ;P

Since every pregnancy journey is different and the last pregnancy I journal the whole process with my Project Life album. I haven't been scrapping much so I decided to journal the journey in my Happiedori instead. I used a blank inserts (regular sized) so i can choose to draw, write, doodle or even make a monthly chart / weekly chart on the pages.

I dressed up the cover with tonnes and tonnes of washi tapes (using MT tapes and Freckled Fawn tapes here). Very simple cover with a bit of embellishments using Freckled Fawn Oh Deer Me kit. Love the bug sequin star! My baby #2 is a star of course ;P


I have just started decorating some of the pages and also decided to make a monthly chart on this blank journal. I want to write down the days i have weird cravings, doctor appointment or the days I am falling sick. I have had mild fever for no reason when I just found out I was pregnant. 

So today I would like to show you how I made a very simple monthly page using washi tapes. 

I started with using the monthly inserts as reference for the measurement. 


I made each box at approximately 2.8xm (W) x 3.2cm (H). You can definitely make it slightly bigger or smaller depending on your preferences. So you would need to draw 7 x 5 boxes in total.



I draw the lines lightly so it's easier to be erased later on.


I decided to use washi tape to line the boxes. You can also doodle the lines or draw your own boxes. I am planning to doddle my next month chart. I am using the Rainbow Chevron tape from my shop and also the super skinny washi tapes from Amy Tangerine.


I use these super skinny washi tapes from Amy Tangerine so they wouldn't take up too much space on my monthly boxes. And I am loving the bright colours!


It wouldn't take long to do this and I was erasing the pencil marking just before I stick the washi tapes down. then I added the Month with Freckled Fawn vellum sticker from the past Oh Deer Me Kit. Love this cute sticker sheet.


Then I added the days from the Days of the week washi tape (sorry I have no idea who make / sell this roll of washi tape) ;)


And this is how it looks like once it is complete.


I have also journal a few pages using Oh Deer Me Kit. I only decorate the page and I want to journal how this baby #2 is a precious gift (+ the best birthday present to my hubs this year). We found out that I am pregnant on his 30th birthday ;)
p.s. Thanks to my subscriber @penemuel for the tips that these gel stick highlighters are water soluble! they works like neon colour water crayon! So awesome!


I will be sure to post more pics of my pregnancy journey on this journal whenever I am feeling better and make more pages! Thank you so much for dropping by! And happy holiday + Merry Christmas to you!

XoXo,
Sam




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations dear!!
    Your calendar is beautiful as well! I wasn't planning on adding calendars and things to my notebooks, but you make it so pretty, I may have to!
    Wish you a lovely Christmas holiday and big hopes that your morning sickness goes away soon!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation for the great post. Those who come to read your Information will find lots of helpful and informative tips. Hockey Puck Stress Balls

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I would love to hear from you =)